Sunday, May 26, 2013

Can I Stop Dialysis?

Patient: Dear doctor. I have diabetes for 12 years. I have had a transplanted kidney and after dialysis, the transplanted one failed to work. Now I need to take dialysis again. My serum creatinine is 480umol/L. Can I stop dialysis?
Doctor: Dear sir. Please don’t worry. We can find out the solution for your condition is not as bad as you imagine although you have had a transplanted kidney. What’s your GFR, sir?
Patient: My GFR which I tested last week is 9.
Doctor: OK. Compared with serum creatinine, GFR level is more scientific and accurate for doctors’ judgment on your renal function. I would like to tell you a piece of good news that in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, as long as patients’ GFR level is more than 5, we can try to treat and make it rise to 10 to 15. When patients’ GFR level is between 10 to 15, the frequency of dialysis can be reduced. As long as GFR level is more than 15, patients can get rid of dialysis.
Patient: Thank you, doctor. It really gives me hope. What therapy can you suggest me?
Doctor: Repair the damaged kidney intrinsic cells and differentiate necrotic ones. As for the former, we use Chinese Medicine and as for the latter, we use stem cell. In this way, renal structure can be rebuilt and renal function can be repaired. For more information, please look through the articles in the websites and leave more message if necessary.
Patient: Thank you, doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment